lego-708089_1280

The Life Changing Magic of Tidying- Bring It On.

Do you know what my current biggest fantasy is? A house that isn’t falling down with piles of crap on every available surface. I dream big.

Do you know what is going to help me achieve this? The Life Changing Magic of Tidying is. I am signed up, I am ready to believe, this is going to work.

IMG_6863

Marie Kondo’s book has sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide with its promise to

Transform your home into a permanently tidy, clutter free space and be amazed at how your whole life changes.

Sold? Yeah, me too.

Here is the blurb on the back:

Japan’s expert declutterer and professional cleaner Marie Kondo will help you organise your rooms once and for all with her simple KonMari Method. The key to successful tidying is tackling your home in the correct order, keeping only what you really love and doing it all at once. This incredibly easy method will not just transform your space, it will change you too. You will feel more confident, become more successful and be motivated to create the life you want.

These are some pretty big promises being made by Marie but I am going with it, the magic in the title is helping, maybe there is some subliminal witchcraft amidst these pages.

The book is in sections titled:

• Why Cant I Keep My House In Order?
  • Discard First
  • How To Tidy By Category
  • Storing Your Things For An Exciting Life
  • The Magic of Tidying dramatically Transforms Your Life.

Perhaps its most ambitious promise is that  “if you adopt this strategy, you’ll never revert to clutter again”  THESE ARE THE MAGIC WORDS.

I feel this is the book I have been waiting for for the last ten years. I am committing 100%. Who is with me? Clutter free August? I am going to blog as I go along and if anyone else is planning on reading this book and wants to join in, please do. We can have smug perfect homes and SMUG PERFECT LIVES together.

I am making no apologies about how excited I am, I am 37 this month, this is the type of shit that excites me.

The book is available in most book shops, I had a google or you can buy it on Amazon.

BRING MY NEW LIFE ON.

Would love if others followed the book with me this month, you can comment below or on the Facebook page or on your own blog, if you’re a blogger. Misery loves company and “dramatically transformed lives”  love company too!

29 thoughts on “The Life Changing Magic of Tidying- Bring It On.

1. Móna Wise says:

HA ha …. totally can’t wait to see the outcome and will be cheering you on along the sidelines … I, much older than you, have thrown in the towel with four slightly older and most likely MUCH messier kids …. I now am an expert at keeping doors closed. I am happier.

Good luck!

2. theclotheslineie says:

You have to love my enthusiasm? I am home alone and I decided to write instead of actually reading the book or tidying. Be grand, the perfect home and indeed life, awaits……..

3. N says:

Yep! Totally on for this – I’m back to work in 6 weeks after a maternity leave and I NEED to have a decluttered house for when I go back or I will Lose.My.Sh1t:-)

4. Jazzygal says:

Oh God, I REALLY need to do this. I do! I have read about her before and seen YouTube clips but what really stops me is …. getting started! Maybe I need to join you.

• theclotheslineie says:

I am a great one for starting things and getting bored after a few minutes. I am going to see this through

5. Awfully Chipper says:

I am intrigued by the notion that storing your things in a certain way can make your life more exciting. I find that putting something safely under the bed in the spare room for several years and then unexpectedly coming across it again is quite an exciting method of storage. Or simply losing it and finally finding it again just after I’ve irreversibly purchased a replacement. Adds spice to my life.

However, I will stand by agog for your reports.

• theclotheslineie says:

It is a long and tedious work in progress, I am aiming for it to be ready by the end of they year. Although once I dont have to deal with clutter I should have more time for it………

6. Aine says:

I did the wardrobe de cluttering version of this, and it was brilliant. I got rid of bags of stuff. It tells you how it thank items of clothing and let them go… Sounds mad but it works great. Def need to try this one too. Constantly moving carefully organised piles from one surface to another

7. Joanna says:

Oh, stop!!! I am absolutely fascinated by the idea of storing for an exciting life…Is this where I’ve been going wrong, is it my storage that keeps the excitement from my life. And what will happen to the book when you have completed your mission, will it simply recycle itself and not beget another clutter problem. I just loved this post and can’t wait to hear how you get on.

8. N says:

Have downloaded the book and reading it now at a fierce rate to try and catch up!!:-) quick glance around the room, not seeing anything that is sparking any joy yet!!! Including the hubby:-) ha!

9. roxettey says:

I want in but don’t want to read the book. Secretly I would love to go on one of those Channel 4 shows were the OCD sufferers come in and GUT your gaff. Can someone nominate me please?

10. Emma says:

I would love (NEED) to give this a go…but the idea of it kind of terrifies me!? I love all my stuff…but having an overflowing wardrobe in my own place as well as my mams AND my dads tells me I need to make some changes. Moving house soon so might just give it a go. Eeeek.